Do you know about the seven deadly sins of selling a home? Today I am going to share them with you, so that you can avoid them and sell your property for top dollar, instead.
1. An unkempt yard. Many people think that it’s what’s on the inside that matters. But if your home looks like a tornado blew through the yard, potential buyers may never actually get inside.
2. Keys that do not work. If the potential buyer and their agent cannot get in, they may become frustrated by the experience.
3. Dingy or faded front door. The front door will serve as a buyer’s first impression, so make sure it’s in great shape before they arrive.
4. Animals. I love animals, and I think that most people do, too. However, it’s important to clean up after them by eliminating messes, hair, and odor before buyers enter your home.
5. Furniture arrangement. If a room has excessive or poorly arranged furniture, it may appear less spacious than it actually is. Buyers will have a very difficult time looking past ineffective staging.
6. Junk drawers and packed cabinets. Overly full storage areas will reflect poorly on your home.
7. Cluttered countertops. Showcasing your counter space is critical, so make sure to remove all unnecessary items before buyers tour your property.
If you have any additional questions or are interested in buying or selling, please feel free to reach out to me. I look forward to speaking with you soon.