I’m excited to share the five main reasons I love Costa Mesa, California, one of the many areas I service here in Orange County. It has much more than wonderful weather and the yearly Orange County Fair (though those are great too).
1. City of the Arts. Costa Mesa is known as the “City of the Arts.” The Segerstrom Center for the Performing Arts not only includes a 3,000 person opera-style hall for Broadway musicals, but also a 2,000-person concert hall that brings shows and music to the city. It’s an excellent venue to enjoy the very best of Costa Mesa musical arts.
2. Conveniently located. The city has the 405 freeway, 55 freeway, and the 73 toll road. Unlike New York, San Francisco, and London, here, we need a car to get around. However, no matter where you’re trying to go, Costa Mesa has convenient roads to get you there.
3. Close to all the beaches. As a kid, the beach was too far away from where I lived, but in Costa Mesa, no matter where you are, you’re about five miles away from a beach. If you’re looking for sand and waves, they have beautiful Huntington Beach and Newport Beach.
4. The South Coast Plaza. This is the largest shopping mall on the West Coast. Originally, it began as a lima bean field. The first department stores were Robinsons-May and Bullock’s. Every year, 24 million people shop and dine in the plaza. It’s a fantastic place for retail therapy!
5. Amazing restaurants and bars. “Mesa” means “table” in Spanish. You could eat at a different restaurant every day of the year and still not have tried everything. There are also plenty of gyms and yoga studios to burn off the delicious calories.
I would love to hear the reasons you love Costa Mesa and what some of your favorite places are. Please comment below! If you’re considering moving to this exceptional city, call or email us; we love helping people find their place here. Also, contact us if you have any questions about real estate. We would be happy to help you.